- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place carrots and turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
3/4 cup: 157 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.