Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with butter and onion until small lumps of potato remain; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat ricotta cheese, sour cream, salt, garlic powder, rosemary and pepper until smooth. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; fold into cheese mixture. Fold into potato mixture.
- Generously coat muffin cups with cooking spray; evenly sprinkle muffin cups with bread crumbs. Fill with potato mixture; smooth tops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 27-30 minutes or until edges of potatoes are lightly browned. Cool for 15 minutes. Loosen timbales from sides of muffins cups; invert onto a baking sheet to remove.
1 each: 153 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 fat.