Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) beef gravy, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup gravy, bread cubes, onion, egg and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove loaf from pan; drain on paper towels. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Unroll crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Cover top and sides of meat loaf with dough; trim excess.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Heat the remaining gravy; serve with meat loaf.
1 slice: 378 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.