- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup uncooked tiny shell pasta
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. Brown meatballs in a large saucepan; drain. Add broth, beans, tomatoes, carrot and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta; simmer until meat is no longer pink and pasta is tender, 10 minutes longer. If desired, top with minced fresh parsley and additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Can you freeze Meatball Soup?
Divide cooled soup in individual portions; freeze up to 3 months.
1-1/2 cups: 248 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 20g protein.