Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef with onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble meat.
- Stir in seasonings, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and water; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until macaroni is tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese.
1-1/4 cups: 318 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.