- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion in butter for 4-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the mushrooms, salsa, water, salt and chili powder. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Serve over rice and top with sour cream and cheese.
1 cup: 420 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.