- 2-1/2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 to 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large skillet that has been coated with cooking spray, brown pork and garlic. Add onion, saute until tender. Stir in tomatoes, chilies, cilantro, oregano and bay leaves; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until pork is tender and no longer pink.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaves.
1/2 cup: 199 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.