- 2 ounces uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno pepper
- Crumble chorizo into a small skillet; add garlic. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked; drain. In a microwave-safe dish, combine chorizo mixture and beans. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through; stir.
- Place the tortilla chips on a microwave-safe serving plate; sprinkle with cheese. Heat, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Spoon chorizo mixture over chips and cheese. Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, guacamole and jalapeno. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1-1/2 cups: 388 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 21g protein.