Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 24 miniature hot dogs
- HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients. Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms; dough will be sticky.
- Turn onto a generously floured surface; knead 6-8 times or until smooth, adding additional flour as needed. Roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/4-in. biscuit cutter. Fold each dough circle over a hot dog and press edges to seal. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with corn dogs.
1 corn dog: 109 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.