Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup 2% milk, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and 1/2 cup milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into an 8-in. circle; cut each into 8 wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with remaining milk.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool for 10 minutes. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over scones. Serve warm.
1 scone: 338 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.