- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest, optional
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Pour filling into pie shell and top with a lattice crust. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown. Cool.
1 piece: 461 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.