- 4 slices sourdough or multigrain bread
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Top two slices of bread with a slice of cheese each; layer each with 1/4 cup artichokes, 1/4 cup spinach, two tomato slices and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread butter over outside of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
1 each: 416 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 855mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.