- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and salt until blended.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add coleslaw mix; stir to coat. Spoon meat mixture into the center of each tortilla; top with onion mixture. Roll up tightly.
2 wraps: 454 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1387mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.