- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and sour cream; beat well. Stir in the carrots, coconut and raisins.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
1 muffin: 250 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.