- 12 slices bread
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 large eggs
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toast bread. Mix ham, cheese, mayonnaise and ground mustard. Spread ham mixture over 6 slices of bread; top with remaining slices to make 6 sandwiches. Cut sandwiches into triangles.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, arrange sandwich triangles cut side down, with points facing up, pressing together as needed to fit in 2 rows. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until well blended. Pour over sandwich triangles. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 300°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
1 serving: 366 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.