- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches each)
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 bottles (750 ml each) merlot
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- Optional: Orange wedges and cinnamon sticks
- Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, sugar, orange juice, brandy and orange slices. Add spice bag. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until heated through. Discard spice bag and orange slices. Serve warm; if desired, garnish with orange wedges and additional cinnamon sticks.
3/4 cup: 143 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.