- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, summer savory, tarragon and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine oil, broth, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, garlic and seasonings. Pour 3/4 cup into a shallow dish; add beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate overnight, turning once or twice. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Grill, covered, over medium heat 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Turn once and baste with 1/4 cup reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.
- Let tenderloin stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining reserved marinade.
3 ounces cooked beef: 257 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.