- 8 ounces uncooked linguine or spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Cook linguini according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and green pepper until tender. Stir in salt and pepper; remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute shrimp in remaining butter over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mushroom mixture; heat through. Serve over linguini. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
1 serving: 481 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 752mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.