- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°; coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine oats, paprika, chili powder, salt if desired, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with oat mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, until juices run clear and thermometer reads 170° when inserted into thickest part of chicken, 45-50 minutes.
6 ounces cooked chicken: 478 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 43g protein.