- 6 medium yellow onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut onions into 1/2-in. slices; saute in butter until tender. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir the flour, broth, cream, salt and pepper until smooth; pour over onions. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and mixture is bubbly.
1 cup: 203 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.