Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest, divided
- 9 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, almond paste and 1/2 teaspoon orange zest until light and fluffy. In a microwave, melt white baking chocolate; stir until smooth. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Slowly stir in orange juice. Beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until easy to handle, stirring occasionally.
- Shape into 2-in. logs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Combine coarse sugar and remaining orange zest; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip logs in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Let stand until firm.
1 piece: 182 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.