- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, salt, oregano and garlic powder. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
1 serving: 595 calories, 40g fat (17g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 872mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.