- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add spinach and cream cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is smooth and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese.
1/2 cup: 217 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.