- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, combine the carrot, cucumber, celery, green pepper and onion. Drain on paper towels for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve on bread.
1/4 cup: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.