Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound caramels (about 75)
- 2 cups salted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the marshmallow creme, 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until combined. With lightly greased hands, shape the mixture into 1-1/2-in. x 3/4-in. logs. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Place the caramels and remaining milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1 minute. Stir; heat 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until mixture is melted and blended.
- Remove four logs from the freezer at a time. Pierce with a meat fork and spoon caramel over all sides. Shake or scrape off excess caramel. Immediately roll in peanuts. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining logs. Reheat caramel in the microwave for 15 seconds as needed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
2 each: 332 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.