- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cheese; stir until melted. Stir in peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
2/3 cup: 114 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.