- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, bread crumbs, onion, peppers, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- In an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, pat turkey mixture into a 9x4-in. loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes; drain if necessary.
- Meanwhile, combine the soup, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, mustard and remaining tomato sauce. Pour 1/2 cup over meat loaf. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Warm remaining sauce; serve with meat loaf.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked meat loaf and remaining sauce in separate freezer containers for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed.