- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare corn according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions and green pepper; stir in corn. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
2/3 cup: 123 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.