- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled large egg whites, chopped
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gently stir in eggs and egg whites. Spread over four toast slices; top with spinach and remaining toast.
1 sandwich: 285 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch.