- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 to 5 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate. Serve as an accompaniment to meat and fajitas.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1/4 cup: 16 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.