Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt, eggs and 1-1/3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add orange juice. Stir in remaining filling ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each half into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Spread filling evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1-in. rolls. Place with cut side down into two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls.
1 each: 178 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.