Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 5 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 5 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread with refried beans; top with beef, salsa and cheese.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions.
1 each: 394 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 1024mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.