- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 medium black plums, halved and pitted
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Melted butter and cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and egg just until blended. Divide into six portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat each portion of dough into a 5-in. circle. Place a plum half on each circle. Gently bring up corners of dough to center; pinch edges to seal.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water and butter to a boil. Carefully add dumplings. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. Serve warm with pan juices, melted butter and cinnamon-sugar.
1 each: 235 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.