- 4 slices bread, crumbled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 12 bacon strips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Form into 12 patties. Wrap a bacon slice around the sides of each patty and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with remaining barbecue sauce the last 30 minutes.
1 serving: 314 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1000mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.