- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery, 1 cup cheese, water chestnuts, 1/2 cup bacon, carrots and chives; mix well. Add popcorn; stir to coat. Top with remaining cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.
Popcorn Salad Tips
How much should I make if I want leftover popcorn?A scant 1/4 cup of unpopped kernels will give you enough popped corn for this recipe with a little left to snack on.
1 cup: 310 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.