- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Bavarian sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a pressure cooker, cook pork chops in oil until lightly browned on each side; drain. Remove chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add sauerkraut to cooker; sprinkle with brown sugar. place pork chops and potatoes over sauerkraut; add water.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced.