Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and white pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add wine, tarragon and remaining salt, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chops to pan; heat through.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup mushrooms: 299 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.