- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in apples and nuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Spread over cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 455 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
- Dec 21, 2020
No comment left
- Dec 2, 2020
Everybody loved this cake!
- Sep 25, 2020
I make this cake often, always moist & tart especially in the Fall... i also add shredded sweet potatoes into recipe @ 2 C... I call it sweet potato & apple cake... yummy
- Nov 21, 2019
Have probably made this recipe 10 times. It's yummy. I do have to make some modifications as follows: - only need to bake for 45 minutes - use about a 1/4 cup less sugar in the cake and it was plenty sweet - for the icing, I can't seem to be able to get a thick enough and complete spread of icing on the cake with the recipe as is. Instead, I simply use 1.5 blocks of cream cheese with 2 cups of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla and it's perfect.
- Nov 3, 2019
Great recipe- used applesauce instead of oil, roasted pecans, added nutmeg and cloves and used your brown sugar frosting. Smelled and tasted yummy!!
- Nov 3, 2019
Loved how easy this was to make and it is delicious. Followed the recipe as written, like many others, I didn't have tart apples on hand, so I used Gala, with excellent results. The whole family loved it and I will make this cake again. As for Anna, why in the world rate a dessert that calls for sugar, when you do not allow that in your diet? I wouldn't read or rate a food group that I do not consume and nor should you. Your review is not helpful in any way.
- Oct 28, 2019
Great recipe, but icing needed vanilla so I added 1 tsp and it was perfect. I will be making again!!
- Oct 19, 2019
Love this recipe. I used less sugar. The first time l made it as per recipe. I chopped the apple's in food processor. The next time l didn't bother peeling apple's, just washed, quartered , cored and processed. No difference found in structure or taste of this lovely, moist cake. Have just made third cake.
- Sep 25, 2019
Way too much oil. I cut it back to 1/2 cup and it was plenty. The second time I made this, I used 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 cup apple sauce and it was perfection!
- May 7, 2019
No comment left