Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat 2/3 cup sugar and sunflower oil until blended. Beat in egg, then molasses. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves; gradually beat into sugar mixture.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake until edges are firm, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 110 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.