- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Lime wedges
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Cut steak into thirds; place in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add salsa, sweet potato, carrot and garlic. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Slice roast. Serve with vegetables. Garnish with lime wedges and if desired, chopped cilantro.
1 serving: 239 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.