- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Over very low heat, stir potatoes 1-2 minutes or until steam has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Press potatoes through a potato ricer or strainer into a large bowl. Stir in the egg yolks, milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Using a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and a large star tip, pipe potatoes into 6 mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 158 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.