- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- Preheat waffle maker. Mix softened butter and orange zest; stir in walnuts.
- Whisk together first six waffle ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin and melted butter; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened.
- Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with butter mixture and syrup.
2 waffles (4-in.) with 2 tablespoons walnut butter: 536 calories, 38g fat (20g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.