- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place the corn, red pepper and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until corn is tender; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
3/4 cup: 130 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.