- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 ounces sliced deli corned beef
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 1 to 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Spread butter over bread slices; place 1 slice in a greased sandwich iron, buttered side down. Top with corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese and remaining bread slice, buttered side up. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and cheese has melted, turning occasionally, 5-7 minutes.
1 sandwich: 358 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1228mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.