Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups diced rhubarb
- Combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- For filling, blend flour and cream in a bowl until smooth. Add 1-1/4 cups sugar and egg yolks; mix well. Fold in vanilla and rhubarb. Pour into crust. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make a meringue by beating egg whites until stiff. Add remaining sugar and beat again until stiff peaks form. Remove cake from oven; top with meringue immediately and broil lightly.
1 piece: 199 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.