- 1 pound medium fresh beets, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut each beet into 6 wedges; place in a shallow dish. Add olive oil and salt; toss gently to coat.
- Place a piece of heavy-duty foil about 12 in. long in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil; top with rosemary. Fold foil around beets and seal tightly.
- Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard rosemary sprigs.
TEST KITCHEN TIP For a milder herb flavor, try using fresh thyme instead of rosemary. You may make the beets a day ahead, then slice and serve cold in a salad.
3 wedges: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.