- 1 pound medium fresh beets, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut each beet into 6 wedges; place in a shallow dish. Add olive oil and salt; toss gently to coat.
- Place a piece of heavy-duty foil about 12 in. long in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil; top with rosemary. Fold foil around beets and seal tightly.
- Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard rosemary sprigs.
Nutrition Facts3 wedges: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
- Feb 8, 2019
I don’t like beets, so I couldn’t taste them, sorry! However, my Mom loves them and I made these for her, so the review is from her. “Those beets are delicious, I loved them. Can you make me more.”
- May 1, 2018
My husband loves beets. I think they're okay. But this recipe changed my mind. I love these. They're absolutely delicious. This recipe is a keeper.
- Apr 20, 2017
This red beet recipe was so flavorful as well as very easy to prepare. I will be using this recipe as one of my red beet regulars.
- Mar 18, 2017
Amazing!!! I don't know if I can go back to eating canned beets after eating these.
- Feb 9, 2017
Delicious! I can't stop eating them lol!
- Feb 3, 2017
Delicious as is as a side dish. The rosemary really comes through. I made a double batch and pickled them with a touch of sugar, apple cider vinegar, water, salt & pepper.
- Jan 14, 2016
This recipe was wonderful! I doubled the recipe with the intent to freeze some; however, we enjoyed them so much that none of the beets ever made it to the freezer!
- Nov 4, 2013
Very easy and delicious, I just wouldn't recommend using stripy beets, use normal beets, while the stripy beets tasted great, they looked not so great, but they were all the store had.
- Oct 10, 2012
No comment left
- Mar 25, 2012
Great flavor, very easy to make.