Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of each garlic bulb. Place garlic in a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Add the broth, oil and tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Place baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until toasted.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; spread over baguette slices. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomatoes.
1 piece: 89 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.