- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 16 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar, water and food coloring to a boil. Place four apples in pan; boil for 3 minutes. Turn apples over; boil 2-5 minutes longer or until apples are crisp-tender. Place in a large dish to cool. Repeat with remaining apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, pecans and mayonnaise. Stuff into center of apples. Serve or refrigerate.
1 each: 247 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.