Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 8 cups torn lettuce
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup quartered thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Italian salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- Divide bread dough into four equal portions; pat each into an 8-in. circle. Coat the outside of four 5-in. x 2-in. round ovenproof bowls with cooking spray. Place upside down on a baking sheet. Shape dough circles around bowls. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cauliflower, cucumber, celery and carrots; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Place 2-1/2 cups of lettuce mixture into each bread bowl. Top with 1/4 cup beef mixture. Serve with dressing.
1 each: 545 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 8g fiber), 35g protein.