- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen chopped rhubarb
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. In a bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, orange zest and salt. Stir in the rhubarb and apples. Add the sugar and flour; toss to coat. Pour into prepared crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.